Saturday 9 May 2009

Frome Shopping with Love

Yesterday DH and I decided to spend the afternoon in Frome, it was just a last minute whim and I am so pleased we decided to do it.

It has been a long time since we wandered around Frome and I am pleased some things haven't changed, as much had since our last visit.

We took a lovely walk up Catherine Hill. This used to have an excellent junk shop full of magazines from the 30s, 40s & 50s and lots of other lovely memorabilia but it has now closed. Generally Catherine Hill has become a great shopping street with boutiques, antique shops and a yarn shop.

I have known about Woolly Notions for a while but only visited it once, ages ago. It has recently changed hands and is run by Marmalade Yarns. I had a lovely time admiring the granny blankets and yarns; they are stockists of Rowan and Debbie Bliss but do carry other brands and talking to one of the owners.
I just love their open sign.

I found these two lovely yarns by Adriafil: Fusione and Fruttamix. They are both 100% cotton, multistranded, soft and affordable. I have been crocheting wash cloths with Fusione and they look very nice.


Marmalade Yarns have plans to hold workshops and start a club. I plan to visit again.

Also on Catherine Hill is Millie Moon, I didn't get a chance to investigate further than the window display as otherwise DH might have thought the only reason I asked to go to Frome was to enhance my stash. However, I hope to visit in the not too distant future.

We had such fun wanding up and down the hill, looking at the beautiful streets.

Of course, no visit to Frome is complete without a visit to
Raves from the Grave and the Wholefood Shop on Cheap Street, where I purchased several types of tofu.

Cheap Street also has a great greengrocers and I purchased these

Broad Beans

Asparagus
Morels

I am so naughty.

I will blog about the rest of our day soon.

1 comment:

Marmalade Yarns said...

Lovely to see our shop on your blog and to hear you enjoyed visiting Frome. Look forward to seeing you here again.
Catriona. (Marmalade Yarns)