Sunday 8 November 2009

A crafty time

I have had an enjoyable and productive crafting fortnight.

My brother and sister in law are expecting their first child in the Spring. It's the type of news that demands crafting and so I cast on a ripple blanket using Patons 100% Cotton DK. Just under 2 weeks later I am over half way.

I really like the mix of the tomato with the more neutral kiwi, stone, white and black. I hope Matthew and Sam do too.


I also finished the front of my quilt. I can't wait to do some more work on it.


The centre panels


Showing the inner border and outer panel, which has now been sewn on.

I am currently waiting for the wadding and my new walking foot for the sewing machine to arrive. I can then start machine quilting this baby. I like the idea of quilting in the ditch for the central panels, a random braid for the inner border and diagonals for the outer border, but that just might change.

Also, as I have been uploading photos, I thought I should share images of my completed Lizard Ridge blanket. I finished it in September while I was on holiday in Cornwall. Each night as it became cooler, I added a row to the blanket and then crocheted the border over two nights. By the time I had completed it, it was cold enough to need a blanket on top of my summer weight sleeping bag.








I couldn't resist posting the last picture, although it is a bit dark. As you can see, we camped in a tipi in Cornwall. The site was lovely and the space and height in a tipi is pure luxury. We are hoping to try a Yurt next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ripple blanket is gorgeous, I'm sure they'll love it. Your quilting looks fab. I've been doing a quilting course recently and I can't wait to try something as impressive as your quilt!

Amy x

angela said...

I love that your knitting palette is the same as your quilt's. Is that intended? I did that pattern a few years ago for my aunt and it made me crazy for a while. Well, I didn't like the colors so I think that sets it.