Wednesday 31 December 2008

A Great Break

I am so just enjoying chilling and not being at work. Today, I have spent most of the day catching up on blogs and sorting out photographs. I have (with Iain's help) sorted out the bedroom. I have drastically reduced my shoe collection and will finally be saying goodbye and eBaying my collection of DM boots. I am sad but my feet have grown over the years and I fear I will never fit UK size 5 again.

The good news is that my DH gave me the loveliest pair of boots for Christmas.

I am hoping my sister will drop by tomorrow. I will then be able to thank her for my presents, which included:

Yes, that's right - both Mason-Dixon books. I think these are great, they are fun, informative and encourage you to do your own thing. I really want to make the following:

a mitred blanket and also a log cabin blanket (not pictured)

A knitted quilt (this one is flying geese).A swatch blanket. I just love the denim blues.

I love this dotty blanket and think this would be perfect for Kauni yarn. Yes, I am aware I seem to have a fixation on blankets since knitting Lizard Ridge.

I also loved this simple but clever shawl in Rowan Kidsilk Haze, something I seem to have quite a bit of in my stash.
I love the bodice of this cardigan. Maybe the lyrics from a meaningful song:


And I believe in Love
And I know that you do too
And I believe in some kind of path
That we can walk down, me and you
Into My Arms by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

I think my neice would like a huge stocking for next Christmas...

Talking of Christmas knitting, the only thing that has saved me this is year is I don't see everyone before Christmas so I have been using my Christmas holiday to finish off the knitting. I shall bve very happy to finish the last of them tonight.

Finally, I have a really cute reindeer:
He is staying with us until 12th night. Then he shall hide away until next year (boo hoo)!

Anyway, DH and I are spending the New Year with Matthew and Sam. We will also be joined by Mel, all the way from New Zealand. I can't wait to see them all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have those boots... they are very loud to walk in *giggles* Getting rid of DMs?! I'm a size 5 :P Glad you had a good Christmas, hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love those boots!! My husband gave me a Nick Cave tee-shirt with his fave Cave song "come sail your ships around me".
I like your idea for that cardigan bodice, it would look wonderful.