Wednesday 28 January 2009

The 'Teser Begins...

And so it begins, my lace starts teasing me nearly as soon as I start working on it.

Two nights work and I have only just finished two repeats. At this rate the Maltese Shawl will take over a year to complete. However, this appears to be the least of my problems. This is a 4 row repeat and I don't seem able to stop myself making mistakes. Two repeats and I have already ruined the faggotting.


The only saving grace is that I don't like the airiness of the lace. I have knit it on size 3.75mm and am going to drop to 3.25mm. Although I have added an extra 19sts repeat, the lace panel is 21 inches wide (talk about mixing measuring systems!). I believe I have scope to use slightly smaller needles.

So, before I go to bed tonight, I shall frog the piece.

I am still loving this project and the yarn. It is just that lace has to beat me up a bit before I can get it right.

No comments: