Friday 27 March 2009

What a Week End

What a week that was. It is now Friday night and I can't believe how quickly this last week has passed by.

As you know, I went to the Stitch & Craft show at Olympia and had a great day with Simply Knitting and the team from Future Publishing. It was fun discussing knitting with people and giving them help and ideas. I totally love spending time with yarn and there is always something that encourages people to share and talk. It seems to be a good introducer.

My toe up socks caused quite a stir with several people and indeed the Fybrespates Echo Self Striping yarn was much admired as well. The colour is Kermit, I am knitting a plain sock so the stripes can shine through.


I also took time to meet Kerrie and Alex of KAL and was lucky enough to see a proof of their new magazine, Inside Crochet.

Other things that caught my interest (and I managed to take photos of) are:


These adorable little houses by The Nutmeg Company. I love the idea of making little villages in cross stitch.


I just totally love these tatoo tapestries by Emily Peacock. The colours are lush, the traditional tatoo style, and the fact they are created in yarn just make me smile.

I was also able to purchase a copy of A Stitch in Time by Jane Waller and Susan Crawford, who kindly signed my copy. This book is lush and it was a complete pleasure to view all the samples and see them being warn. How could I resist, virtually everything is made in 4ply and I do seem to like working in thin yarn!

Of course, there was a purchase of yarn and (don't faint), it is DK in baby blue. I won't bore you with a picture but it does have angora in it.

Saturday was spent at the Natural History Museum. If you haven't been I so recommend it. The building itself it awesome. A cathedral to creationism and science designed by Alfred Waterhouse the building itself is worth a visit.


We had a great time visiting the Darwin Exhibition and wandering around the galleries.


That evening, we had a lovely dinner at Nineteen in Stretham. The food was delicious and the service very good. The wine flowed well and the rest of the evening finished in merriment and a bit too much alcohol. This lead to a lovely lazy Sunday, chilling with friends. Of course, we had to do a tourist shop at Fortnum & Mason.

Of course, I haven't left cholera behind and we had to have a drink at the John Snow pub, which is where the Broad Street pump was located.

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Wow it sounds my idea of Heaven!

KnitCave said...

Yes, it was blissful :)

Ang said...

Sounds like fun. Those cushions look fantastic and the "Inside Crochet" magazine looks like it could be interesting too. It's not found it's way up here yet, but then I do live in the back of beyond!