Wednesday 31 March 2010

Shawls!

I have been working hard on my 10 shawls in 2010 challenge and completed two shawls in March (making a total of 4). Both the shawls also fit the large category. Don't worry I have bigger shawls planned.

So, without futher ado I would like to introduce to you Sock it to Eva. This shawl is a simple crochet pattern. When I say simple, I am sure it is when you are good a crochet but I had to frog and start this shawl 3 times. Guess I really shouldn't be a perfectionist. There are some errors towards the end but by that point I just did a quick fix and I'm not sure I could point them out even if I felt like it, which I don't so don't bother asking.



And a quick close up of the shawl:



To summarise the pattern is Eva's Shawl by Milobo, and I used two skeins of Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn, a total of 771yards. I only did the first row of the border as I preferred this.

The second shawl I finished was Pudding Swap.


The pattern is Multnomah by Kate Flagg and was made in my handspun from the Scrap Swap I took part in in February. The fibres, including mohair and gotland were spun in a pudding fashion giving me these lovely singles.


The shawl weighs 159.9g and took 502yards. I love knitting with my handspun.

3 comments:

picperfic said...

both such pretty projects!

Anonymous said...

Ohh I have looked at both those shawl patterns before but they havent caught my eye, yours though are gorgeous!

Think I will have to queue them! I am still only on shawl 3, but am hoping against hope that I get that finished today and that my Denise Crochet hooks arrive tomorrow as hands are killing me using my cheapy hooks!

Zoe said...

I love that bottom shawl! WOW Look at you and how your spinning and dyeing has come on! Well done you xxx