Monday 22 December 2014

Happy Solstice

Where has this year gone?

Today was the Winter Solstice and I took the opportunity to meet my friends and celebrate at Stonehenge. To ensure I arrived on time I got up at 4.30 and was on the road just after 5am.

It was the first time I have been to Stionehenge since the new visitor centre has been opened and I parked in the main carpark. The walk to the stones took about 30 minutes and it felt very special. I met my friends and we waited and listened to the drumming until they opened the gate;security need to feel there is enough light to see.

Most people chose to stand amongst the stones to listen to the Druid ritual.

As dawn drew closer, it became easier to see.

A photo opportunity against the stones (that reflective top sure does what it should!).

The sky continued to lighten as sunrise passed.

It became light enough to spin.

We even had sister spindles.

It was wonderful to be so close to the stones.

To be able to touch them.

To connect with my past.

Solstice blessings.

 
 

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.