Friday 1 January 2010

Christmas and New Year

Oh my, I can't believe it is 2010 already. We had a really quite night playing Wii and I shared a Crafters New Year Party on Twitter with some of the lovely people I have met.

Of course, before that was Christmas and I just want to show off some of the lovely things I was gifted.




From Sam came the beautiful purple laceweight from the Yarn Addict. It is soft and smooshy and there is 2,200m, that is going to make a BIG shawl.

The other 3 yarns were from my sister. She doesn't craft but totally loves receiving anything I make and I was stunned, delighted and touched. When Sue attended her village fair she came across a spinner called Mavis de V. Ashbee.  Each yarn is gorgeously soft and they are: white - local icelandic wool raised in the village (now that is local!), the magenta is white suffolk, red merino and rose silk and the lilac is alpaca and bourette silk.

Also nestled in the pack is The Yarn Lover's Guide to Hand Dyeing by Linda La Belle which I am really looking forward to reading and practicing with.

DH gave me a Wii (squeeeee!) and also a SIGNED edition of The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave. My husband just spoils me rotten. He also gave me these cute buttons from Badge the Badger. I shall smile each time I see one.



Anyway, happy New Year to you all.

No comments: