Friday 7 March 2008

Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!

Phew, it is the end of what feels like a very long week. It has been a week of deadlines - some achieved, some missed and some re-located to another day.

One of the worst was missing the newsletter deadline for the Gardener’s Association and, rightfully, this will be commented on by the other Committee members. However, I have agreed to pre-prepare some articles which will prevent this from happening in the future. Luckily, we have an open day in the village Trading Hut soon, so this will provide fodder for an article I can write and have available before time.

Tuesday night was the local SnB meet down the pub - yippee! Still not drinking - boohoo! It was fun seeing some of the other projects on the go. Jess is knitting some fabulous
Snowflake Lace Socks by Melanie Berney.

Simply Knitting magazine have organised a knit along detailed at the Simply Knitting blog. Elizabeth was using DT Craft & Design's gorgeous hand-dyed sock yarn. This is 90% soft alpaca and 10% hard-wearing nylon and is so lovely and soft I placed an order the next day for the Kool Aid dyeing kit. The service was excellent and I received the kit the next day.

I finished my version of My So Called Scarf and love wearing it. It is so soft to the touch and the stitch design reminds me of my mum’s coat. I am also working on Plums and Custard. This is the second pair of socks I have made using this yarn as I hated the first pair I made. I could probably have found somebody who would have loved them but I could not bear to part with them. There was no option but to frog and start again. Anyway, Plums & Custard is a plain pair of socks knitted simultaneously using the magic loop method. They are named after the colour way I am using. This wool is spun and dyed by Jon of EasyKnits.

We received the new Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds album Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! this week and have been singing away and doing silly walks. Such fun.

No comments: