Tuesday 25 March 2008

What a Wonderful World


I have had a great Easter weekend. I was lucky as I was whisked off to Oxford by Iain. A weekend away in a rented apartment and tickets to see Eels on Sunday … I am a very lucky gal.

Anyway, Oxford is a beautiful city with lots to explore; streets full of character, iconic buildings, beautiful parks and riverside walks. We spent a lovely time roaming and we even visited the Bodleian Library which is fascinating. Iain discovered that it was usual for students to stand during lectures; something he thought might be of benefit today. If you love old books or even just the smell of old books, I thoroughly recommend a visit. I am not sure how anyone graduates from Oxford, I personally would spend my time going … ohhhh, look at THAT, its lovely!

The star of the weekend was attending Eel’s concert at New Theatre, see some pics here. I think E might collect rugs; they sure make the stage look homely. The evening started with a viewing of Parallel Worlds, Parallel Lines the documentary made by the BBC looking at E and his father, Hugh Everett III, a famous quantum physicist. The remainder of the evening was spent listening to music and excerpts from E’s book Things the Grandchildren Should Know. I am pleased to report I now own a purple t-shirt and our CD collection has grown (again!).

I did manage to fit in some knitting and Plums & Custard are growing, albeit slowly. Unfortunately, I just had to purchase some Rowan Kid Silk Haze to knit a beret … damn the cold weather and latest issue of Let’s Knit magazine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so jealous you got to see the Eels!
I'm also a big nick cave fan!