Tuesday 24 June 2008

The Departure

I think I was premature yesterday. The poll for the VLT KAL doesn't finish until the 29th. Somewhat saddened by that but I am never sure what day of the week it is! Anyway, it will be a nice surprise on my return.

Yes, folks, I am off to Glastonbury tomorrow morning. Five days of the great unwashed. My summer holiday has arrived. I am hopeful the weather will be an improvement on last year and, for the first time ever I am taking wellies. Just in case. My first Glastonbury was in 1991 and I never wore wellies, not until last year. I found I like having dry feet so I am packing a bit of insurance. And beer. Coz we all need beer.

Those who are not going will miss a treat. I am definately gonna catch Alabama 3, The Handsome Family, Seth Lakeman, The Blockheads, Ethiopiques, Glasvegas, Reverend and the Makers, The Raconteurs, Neil Diamond and, of course, Mr Leonard Cohen. Well, that's the plan anyway. Hope none of them clash.

The tent is ready and it is time to load the old rucksack.

I'll let you know how it went.









Oh, and keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't do that black rain thing this year.

No comments: