Sunday 5 April 2009

A Bit of What You Fancy

I have had a great time recently. The Komedia opened in Bath and it has proven to be a great venue for live music. Iain and I have been going alot and have been to see the following:


We also have tickets to see Sheelanagig & The Pete Roe Band, Seth Lakeman and Half Man Half Biscuit. As part of the Bath International Music Festival, we shall also see The Handsome Family in the Spiegel Tent. I am so pleased DH and I are really embracing live music again.

We haven't yet decided on our festival of choice for this year and so it may end up that we don't attend one. Of course Latitude looks good and would give me a Nick Cave fix.

I also enjoyed some yarny goodness with the knitting group at Get Knitted on Saturday. I was so good and nearly only purchased the things I had planned. I will admit the skein of Cascade 220 Heathers was not on the list but the colour is gorgeous and it is destined for a moebuis basket.

Of course, when I arrived home the only reasonable thing to do was to cast on the basket. As you can see by the picture showing it unfelted, I did not use the yarn I purchased specifically for the project but instead raided my stash and used up the last of my Garnstudio Eskimo. The unfelted basket doesn't look too promising but once it has gone through the wash with a pair of jeans, I do hope it looks cute. I'll post before an after photos later.

Also, I finally finished my spearmint socks. I knitted these using Natural Dye Studio's Darling, which has been in my stash for a couple of years. As is often the way with handdyed yarns, I ran out before I could finish the toes and they have languished in my knitting bag while I tried to find a close colour match. Recently Amanda started selling collections of mini skeins. Of course, I couldn't resist their loveliness and I found a really good match for my socks.

Some of the other mini skeins are being turned into a moebius neck warmer, I think it looks really beautiful. The pattern was published in issue one of Inside Crochet magazine. I took out a subscription for this as crochet has caught my attention and I am really pleased with the first issue.



Sunday morning was spent watching the grand prix whilst working on Fairy Moon. Not long until I finish her hair.

No comments: