Thursday 9 April 2009

Snug and Warm

Tonight I feel very snug and warm. This may have to do with being tired but a large proportion of the snugness is caused by seeing the dull weather in the garden while sitting next to a gently humming radiator. The sound of the Decemberists is floating up from the kitchen where Iain is cooking dinner and all I have to do is plan tonights entertainment (and tidy the kitchen, of course).

Shortly, I shall make my way downstairs and make a pot of tea. Smoky earl grey tonight seems appropriate. I shall serve it in Darwin 'I think' mugs and enjoy blowing the steam away.

When driving home this evening, I really fancy knitting in colour. Realistically I have a choice to make. I can knit on my lace project which is peach and mint and rather attractive. The soft pink of the hexagonal storage box goes so well.


OR I can knit on these lovely colours.


Unfortunately, they both projects require the use of 3.25mm needles and stupidly I only have one pointy set of circulars this size. The other 3.25mm needles I have would be usable for my lace shawl EXCEPT for they are too blunt. This means I will need to remove the lace from the needle. This is something I shall do and the Spindrift has been calling out to me for several days now and I really fancy some colourwork madness.

We had a new person join our knitting group this Tuesday and she asked me to teach her how to knit. I am so happy, not only does she want to learn but I got to teach her. It was a pleasure and she has been practicing. So I could demonstrate stitches to her, I felt it was important for me to take a project using big yarn. OK, it is Aran weight yarn but trust me this is big for me. I seem to be knitting on laceweight, 2ply or sock yarn most of the time.

So, on Tuesday night I cast on Mitred Hanging Towel by Cristina Bernardi Shiffman from Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines and finished it off yesterday evening. This was knitted in Peaches n Creme, which is a joy to use.



Also finished is Cecily by Amanda Perkins, which was lovely to crochet and was done in her sock yarns. You can also see my new haircut, which I love. Please forgive the slightly mad stare but it is really difficult to take good self-portraits.

Finally, a picture of my spearmint arrows. Finished at last.
The pattern is a short version of Latvian Socks by Nancy Bush and they were knitted using Natural Dye Studio's Darling sock yarn on 2mm needles.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of pretty things, loving your new hair!!!!

Zoe said...

wow loving the colours in that wool