Saturday 11 April 2009

It really is a frog

I am not happy, not happy at all. For several evenings I slogged my way through 5 inches of 2x2 ribbing and had just spent the last couple of evenings working on fun stuff.


Now, I know it is probably criminal to admit this but ribbing is not my favourite pattern in the world. For some reason it feels clumsy and slow. Yes, to me it feels slower than purling does and I have to keep my wits with me as I find it easy to adjust the pattern by a little k3,p2,k2,p2 action.

So, it was with increasing dread that I worked 2.5inches of colourwork before deciding to take the project off the needles and try it on for size. Well, my guage was telling me the knit should have been smaller than it was in reality. Also, it was not just an inch too big, no it wasn't. This baby was nearly 6 inches too big.

There was nothing to be done but to frog.

I do like this pattern and really will knit it but I am tempted to start a summer top in geranium pink.

What to do??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain :( Go for the nice pink top, cheer yourself up!

Zoe said...

oh i hate rib too hun. HATE IT not sure why.... have you started summer top? hows the guild meeting gone?