Monday 29 June 2009

St-st-st-stalling

Recently, I have been concerned that I lost my knitting mojo. I have hardly knitted over the last fortnight and when I have I have found it less than satisfying.

Now, the main projects I am working on are both lovely:

I am on square 17 of Return of the Lizard Ridge. This pattern is normally enjoyable but I had to slog my way through number 16 and force myself to cast on number 17. Also, I originally knitted this pattern as a collaborative effort for a friend's wedding and for me to knit something for a second time is unusual but I found it a really fun knit.

I am also working on Dragon Socks by Amanda Perkins using The Natural Dye Studio's Dazzle sock yarn. These are really cute socks and the yarn is just delicious but still I am suffering from second sock syndrome.

Although I still love both projects, I am just a bit disinterested in working on them to the point where I was scared I didn't like knitting anymore. The projects seemed such a drag and yet I love the yarn, I love the colours and I am still excited about the finished product. Somewhere I just stopped loving the process.

Today I was having a conversation with a friend and showed her Liesl by Ysolda Teague. She suggested I should knit it and so, when got home I pulled out a ball of Peaches n Cream and cast on. There followed a totally enjoyable evening of knitting.

It appears I haven't lost my mojo but I just needed a break from the two projects I have been devoting the last two months to. I shall continue to work on Lizard Ridge and Dragon socks and, when they become a chore again, I shall pick up Liesl for a bit of lace relief.

You never know, next post I might even include pictures of them all!

No comments: