Monday 1 September 2008

Walking News

First, The Gardian carries a knitting supplement and then The Telegraph follows suit. Where The Gardian was aimed at encouraging new knitters and also featured several sock patterns, The Telegraph's article is interesting and incorporates a book review. The vintage patterns are interesting, especially the frogged cardigan.


At work, we all seem slightly sad that September has arrived and we are yet to have a real run of sunny weather (although Saturday was glorious). To remind myself how lucky I am I thought I would pay attention to the views I enjoy whenever I attend my Sunday Knitting Group.


You see, I am lucky enough to enjoy a walk along a portion of the Kennet & Avon Canal at Bath.

I usually enjoy my stroll and knit along the way. I get the odd look but it has lead to an interesting conversation or two.

After the calm of the canal, I then have to walk up a big hill on a main road. Even on a Sunday, this can be busy and the noise of the motor car shakes out some of the good vibes. However, half way up the hill I can look over the wall and enjoy this view...


The sheep are a real bonus and I miss them when they aren't in the field.

I am a lucky girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the Guardian suplement which i thought was a bit naff so I didn't bother with the Telegraph, but I quite like that jacket and the chevron scarf.
Lovely bit of canal you have there. When I lived in Leics I used to walk along the canal but it was just a big dirty puddle really!