Sunday 7 September 2008

Honey, I bought more yarn!

The internet is a wonderful but dangerous place, especially just after pay day. I have amassed so much yarn over the last couple of weeks I am having serious problems with wedging it into my storage basket.

Anyway, shopping is always a favourite - even though it is best to window shop. There are adorable knitting needles by Kiku in the shape of ducks, pirates and Buddhas to name a few.

I also think the sock project tubes by Knitzi are great. My friend Jess has one and it is beautiful. I admire it very much and, when I can stop buying yarn, I really want to get myself one.

A pair of blockers is really useful for sock knitters (of which I am one) and I do love my Fibre Trend pair. However, I much admire Chappy Woman's wooden sock blockers. They come with many gorgeous designs and the main problem is deciding which to purchase. Also adorable are the blockers from Whorl Drop Spindle.

If only I hadn't been so bad with my yarn purchases over the last month ...





















There are all sorts of goodies in there ... SWTC Therapi for Hat Attack II, Collinette, Manos del Uruguay, RYC, Lornas Laces, 4ply alpaca for Victorian Lace projects and some angora (the lovely blue/green/lilac bundle. I spent way too much but the majority was scored for really good prices on eBay.

I think my stash needs organising and I definately need to and learn to knit faster.

Our village Flower Show takes place this weekend which will put an end to some of the madness and mayhem in my life for another year. I am off to complete my entry form before I start baking cakes for the refreshment stall.

No comments: